Monday 16 April 2007

Murder Mystery Reveal


I was given the quicktime files for Murder Mystery with instructions to "make something!". The material was clapper boarded and so in the absence of a shot list I used that to sequence the film into a rough cut. Once the rough cut was done I was then able to begin the process of tweaking and cutting and tightening the video, shaping it into a finished piece. I was amazed just how much I could cut from the piece without affecting the storyline, although It is a Murder Mystery so suggestion is a big part of the piece. I had great fun using effects creatively especially on the dream sequence where I effected both using desaturation on the video and delay on the audio in an attempt to give the clip the feeling of a day dream flashback. I also colour treated the whole film to give it a more sinister feel. This make the outside scenes appear quite stark and the indoor scenes monotone which I think adds a feel of oppression to the film. This was a great exercise for me especially in light of my role as editor for our major project.

No comments: