Tuesday 12 May 2009

(MP3002) Individual Project Log

I'm in London to work on my documentary, According to Brian and it's day two of what I have decided to name the edit-a-thon! We spend all day sunday watching the assembly and discussing themes and where they fit. I want to keep this film simple. A portrait of Brian's life and some of the people in it. There will be themes woven into the film like spirituality, death, nature, relationships and Ghosts. Having done that we began to trim the assembly into a rough cut. The film now seems to almost be at the point of editing itself. Lines of dialogue suggesting cuts and scenes ordering themselves! Even though things are going really well I don't think the film will be of a festival standard by hand in day but at least i'll have a rough cut to submit and something to send the organizers of Sheffest. Hopefully the film will be complete by november, which is when the festival takes place.

No comments: