Monday 28 April 2008

Work experience week 6

Hi Bloggers - Mike here! Work experience at Star Radio was quite hectic last week as the assistant producer was on holiday and I was asked to fill in for him for the day. The first job I had to do was create the breakfast promo's, short clips from the show mixed with station idents that are played out at various times of the day to promote awareness of the show. I needed to find parts from that mornings show that were suitable and to do this I had to have a meeting with the presenters. It was fairly informal just a case of listening through some of the material from the show and deciding which bits were funniest. Then I had to take the audio from the logger. The logger records all output from the station as required by ofcom. This task was fairly laborious as logger records in hour segments which I had to go through to find the parts I needed. The next difficulty was editing the links using cool edit in such a way as to be as short as possible but still retain enough information to make the promo funny and interesting to listen to. I was able to cut out repeated sentences and a lot of the "um's and Ah's" from the conversation. These are words or sounds that the presenters use for thinking time. The magnification tool comes in handy for these edits!! I had to work to a deadline the show finished at 10am and the first promo was scheduled for 11.20am. It was quite tight but I managed in the end.

No comments: