Friday 18 May 2007

I think I under estimated!!

I gotta be honest I've always thought the role of an editor was to just take the footage from a shoot and cut it together as he saw fit. An oversight on my part, slightly arrogant even, I think I've actually missed out on a big chunk of the experience that Weston rock had to offer. I wasn't really involved with planning at all-and that was my choice!! I only learned yesterday from an interview I set up with a professional editor for an assignment just how much input an editor can have in the early stages of development actually helping the director shape his vision into reality.
I have realized the error of my ways though and I've been busy the last few days making up for lost time. Ive really been able to get my teeth into the editing process. Having Bob in today definatly helped. I was anxious about working with the director fearing that the creative process would be taken completely out of my hands but I actually found it a very positive experience indeed. And guess what?? My thoughts and ideas were actually taken on board!!

No comments: