Thursday 24 May 2007

Roles on Weston Rock

I need to discuss the reasons for not swapping the roles in Weston rock in order to fulfil the criteria for my blog so here goes!
The original plan when the roles were given out was to alternate roles within the project so that every one got an opportunity to have a go at something different but ultimately that's not how it has worked out. None of us, I think, really knew how much work would need to go into these roles and once filming got under way for reasons of consistency and professionalism deviated from our chosen roles. I can only speak for myself but a lot of research went into my role as editor and I'm sure the other guys would say the same. It just wasn't practical or realistic to expect that we could learn the skills for all the roles on the project. Although much of the skills have been developed on the job when it comes to editing there seems to be no greater way to learn than just putting in the time and that is something that has been at a premium throughout the project

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When under pressure I don't see how swapping roles could possibly help the film or be helpful in any way!

Sounds like you were up against it mate!

Later. S