Friday 9 May 2008

work experience week 13



Hey Bloggers - Mike here...
So I finally finished the sound of station promo that I was asked to create. I acted on the feedback given by scott (producer) and made changes to the script which I then re-voiced. I also went back through the promo bit by bit painstakingly tightening the production and trimming where I was able.
I played the finished piece to Scott, we discussed which might be the best way to get this out to clients and decided to create an emailable MP3 version. I used the MP3 setting for broadband quality in cool edit and tweaked it a bit. I used variable bit rate which means rather than a constant bit rate for the entire file, in the parts where the signal is less complex the bit rate reduces leading to a smaller file. I found out this morning I one a prize for my work , A box of chocs, yum!
Im order to publish the sound of station on youtube I mixed it with a visual filler ( the star logo) before uploading. Have a listen and tell me what you think. Dont forget to checkout the star radio website here

No comments: