Friday 14 December 2007

Group project

Hi bloggers, Mike here! Its been a busy week for me what with yesterday being not only the day of the WMC 07 but it was also the deadline for our group project. I spent every day this week editing the audio I collected and recording the script that Richee had written for the documentary. The interviews I had collected varied in quality but most weren't great due to the fact that they had been recorded on location. I managed to mask many of the artifacts created in the audio during recording with use of EQ and ambience taken from a library CD. I also had some difficulties with the script we had recorded, we had to make do with recording in a practice room that was very small( 9x4). The resulting audio was quite boxy but using EQ I filtered out most of the offending resonance frequencies leaving use with a usable script. I did feel however that the script would have benefited from a rewrite but due to time constraints this wasn't possible.

1 comment:

Gill said...

Good reflective comments....cheers Gill