Friday 14 December 2007

Reflection on the conference

Hey Mike here.It's the day after the conference and group presentation and the initial feedback from people has been really positive, people have said it was informative, professional and fun. I feel really pleased with our achievement. We managed the event well sticking to the time schedule and itinerary although we were flexible enough to be able to fit Ian down's offer of a quick Q&A before break without significantly effecting the timing of the event. I believe our flexibility was due to the commitment and work we put in during the planning stages of this event. I felt our group presentation was a success. I was fairly nervous when my turn came to take the stage but despite my anxieties I made a conscious effort to appear confident , something I have learnt during my time in radio, people need to be engaged by a speaker and people who lack confidence when speaking can find it difficult to hold the interest of a crowd. I also made use of an audio clip from karen partridge an interviewee from my documentary. This gave me time to check my notes and centre myself and I found as I relaxed I was able to be more much more spontaneous in my presentation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Mike, really liked your lecture and thought it was well put together. A difficult subject matter to tackle, which tied in nicely with current affairs in the media