Wednesday 5 December 2007

Group project - Interview with Trevor Jones

Hi, Mike here...So on tuesday morning I set off to Glastonbury to interview Trevor Jones, owner of Witch Craft LTD, Druid and Ley line enthusiast. I arrived at just after 11 o clock a time at which Trevor had assured me things would be quiet so we wouldn't be disturbed. That however wasn't the case. The shop was bustling with business and that presented a challenge. How to maximize Trevor's interview and minimize background noise...I set up my gear in a changing room located in the corner of the shop. When choosing which mike to use for the interview i had chosen one with a cardioid response pattern. This decision paid off because that combined with the changing room curtain minimized the noise floor and overspill from the shop.
The interview itself went very well. Trevor had an excellent radio voice and much knowledge on the subject of ley lines. I was very excited to find out from the interview that the main Ley line to run through Glastonbury is called the Michael line! Trevor is going to put me in contact with several experts who know more on the subject.

No comments: