Monday 23 February 2009

(MP3002) Individual Project - Paper Edit

Here are some pictures of my initial paper assembly. I have a tendancy to get obsessed over detail and this is where i have found a paper edit helpful as it is very broad and doesnt deal with the artistic material but rather the footage itself as an asset, which I was able to group together in blocks.



This method of working has allowed me to take a step back so to speak and look at things from a different perspective. the yellow post its are scenes, the purple are questions asked in the film, the green extra scenes or themes and the orange are lines of dialogue central to the strucure.



This paper edit is a work in progress but for me a great way of clearing my head and helping me to see the bigger picture! The purple post it set up the documentary by asking a question "what is modern druidry?" and the idea of spending time with a druid, preparing for ceremony. The yellow post it scenes are grouped by content, that is to say, they link in someway. The orange are specific lines of dialogue that have an impact or link to new scenes.

No comments: