Tuesday 10 February 2009

(MP3004) Editing Pedestrians

This morning I continued editing the group project, Pedestrians. Armed with a copy of the Script and a very strong black coffee
(late night last night!) I began work. I had hoped to save the project file to the xsan so others could access it but unfortunately pro-tools will not recognize network drives. For this reason I had to save the project locally. Today I continued the task of comp'ing together takes and removing paper rustles, this was made easy for me as the actors paused reading to turn pages allowing me room to make edits on the audio. Having done that I started working on the atmosphere and fx for scene 1,2 and 3. For the scene in which they leave the police station and walk in the street I decided to add the sound of rain. I feel the effect compounds their depression at having spent the night in the cells and the fact they're nursing hangovers! For the police station holding cell scene I have used a dripping tap effect to signify how damp and dingy the cell is. I'm also on the lookout for a prison door closing sound effect to use as a bridge in between scene 1 and 2. Today I recorded several foley effects for scene 5 which involved a mobile phone. Using the mbox and lapel mic ( I had to improvise as we don't have much in the way of mics) I set about recording a wrong number message and some keypad noises from my iphone. I was really pleased with the results! I have to make some decisions around the music for the play but as we have a meeting at artswork media tomorrow I will ask the guys what their thoughts are on the matter.

No comments: