Wednesday 11 February 2009

(MP3003) Professional Practice

where does the time go? It seems to have gone quickly for me anyhow, I'm nearing the end of my course and that means thinking
about my employment options. I think I'm in a fairly strong position, well strong as anyone can be in this financial climate. I have 5 years experience in broadcast and a degree in media (hopefully!). I have begun to put out feelers with some of my contacts. Amy Williams is an old school friend of mine who works for the BBC in networking services. We chatted on face-book (the way all business seems to be done nowadays!) and Amy told me that she'd be happy to help me with the process of applying for a job at the BBC (application forms) and that she would keep an ear to the ground for me and let me know if anything comes up. It's a promising start!

Here is a link to skillset a great site with helpful advise for people starting out in the industry.

No comments: