Thursday 18 December 2008

(MP3004) creative Writing Log 17/12/08


I was pretty fed up about having to cancel the shoot today but i'm determined to do something useful whilst i'm off sick so I got on the phone and spoke to the members of my group. As a group we decided to each chose a script that we like then decide on one from those. Kirsty has chosen Kat Davis's Script and I know Lloyd has a script he'd like to produce. Im not sure about Adam. I've been going through the scripts that I received and have chosen one which I like. Its by Mark Errett and its called 'Suicidal Tendencies'. When Chris finds a book about the best places to commit suicide in his friends car, his life changes forever. This is a story of angst, comedy, obsession and suicide. From a writers point of view this script has all the ingredients of a great story. It has conflict, drama, resolution and character arcs. From a Production point of view this script is challenging. It has many locations including sea side resorts, airports, taxis and san Francisco! I believe this script is doable but would stretch our talents as producers. I think it will make a great radio play.

No comments: