Tuesday 30 December 2008

(MP3002) individual Project Log 20 30/12/08

I have an update on the location shoot at Stanton Drew. After the events of the last few weeks and some careful consideration I have decided upon a two camera shoot for stanton drew. There are three stone circles at the site and I have decided to use the smallest of these, the south west circle for the ceremony. This will give me more control and enable me to capture more of the action. As you can see from the map if you zoom in a little it is enclosed by hedgerow, which will give us more privacy.


View Larger Map

I have enlisted the help of freelance camera man Exley Que. He has agreed to operate the second camera and function as a consultant for the shoot. He has his many years experience and owns his own equipment, A Z1 and a Manfrotto tripod. I had hoped to get Sacha Aitkinson, a professional sound man involved in the project but unfortunately he's out of the country at the moment. I need to research the sound set up as I'm still unsure which route to go down with it. I need to get it right.



Brian will choreograph the event, which will feature him, his apprentice Nick, his wife Mary and possible two or three more. That is still undecided but there is a possibility that Nick's wife Linda may be in the ceremony. Brian and his friends tell me Stanton Drew has dark energy which needs to be cleared before they can have ceremony at the circle. I'm not sure what dark energy is but its a question I will pose to them when we reach the location. As far as the sound setup goes there are a few questions i need answers for. How many people will take part? Who speaks? Do they chant/sing? Do they dance? How will they be positioned in relation to each other? I spoke with someone who suggested a possible set up of a lapel mic for brian and a boom for the other participants but i will need to investigate it further.

No comments: