Monday 5 January 2009

(MP3004) Creative Writing Log 05/01/09

Nic is always telling me how important it is to take every opportunity to network. On friday night I was at a wedding reception. We'd just eaten a lovely meal and the entertainment had arrived. An irish dancing band with a caller! I was quite content to sit and watch but the caller asked for more participants. I was paired up with a woman called Tiffany. We danced for a while then out of breath and in need of a drink we sat down and started chatting. Tiffany told me she was a director. She directed dramas for a theatre company based in Devon. I explained the creative writing module and the radio drama I was working on. I asked if she had any tips on how to direct because as a producer I would be called upon to manage and direct the actors in the play. I got her email address and have written some questions for her. Here is the email that i sent.

Hello Tiffany,

It was lovely to meet you the other day. I hope you enjoyed yourself at the wedding. I had a lovely time! I was really interested
to hear about your career and was hoping you'd be able to answer some questions for me as we discussed, which may help me with a project I'm working on at the moment ( producing a radio drama). With your permission I'd like to publish your Q&A interview on my blog. Could you also include your full name and the company you work for.


Q.1 What in your opinion are the most important assets for a successful director to possess?



Q.2 What are the most important things to consider when directing a drama/play?



Q.3 How long have you been a director and what was your career path?



Q.4 What was the single most important piece of advice you were given when you set out to become a director?



Q.5 how do you view the changing face of the industry, what are your thoughts on the current media climate. Is it affecting you?. e.g digital media, internet...


I look forward to hearing from you. Also thanks for the dance the other night, I had a lot of fun!


yours,


Mike


I have chosen questions that I feel will best help us as a group with our task of producing the radio play. As soon as I receive a reply i will post it on my blog! It's funny, you never know when you'll meet someone who can be of assistance to you in some way!

No comments: